Friday, February 13, 2009

A Windy February
We had a pretty strong wind storm on Wednesday night
that blew off some of the siding on our home.
Eden's new shoes

Dallin on a bike.


Eden's new car seat...
Can you tell she LOVES it?
(It's pink:)


Getting ready to play in the snow...
a day before it all melted.


Gracelyn has mastered sitting up and loves playing with toys...
or should we say tasting her toys.


Eden all dressed up and ready to go...
We have had a pretty crazy week. Earlier this week the weather was beautiful. On Tuesday we even went on a walk and started teaching Dallin how to ride a bike. He did pretty good and wasn't as fearful as he was last year. The next night we had a horrible wind and rain storm that did some damage to our home. We heard some loud noises outside and turned the outside lights on to see some of our siding in the back yard. Fun.
One of my favorite moments this week was when I was trying to tell Eden that her shoes were too small and that she couldn't wear them any more. After throwing a tantrum she said, "But they are so gorgeous and I so love them!" It was funny. We picked out some fun shoes that light up and also have ladybugs on them. She kept on jumping in the store and asking Jared to look at her shoes.
I took Gracelyn to the doctor on Monday and found out she has another ear infection...ugh. Zion had an ear infection when he was three, Dallin never has had one yet, and Eden had one just before she turned three. This is Gracelyn's fourth and I really feel bad for her. She hates taking her medicine and spits most of it out. If anyone has any ideas on how to get her to actually swallow all of the medicine let me know.
We also did get a new car seat for Eden. I just happened to see a sale at Walmart and bought a cute pink one on impulse. When I took out her old one I looked at it and it had expired in December....I'm so grateful that Walmart had a sale. She really loves her pink girly car seat now.
We are really looking forward to spring. It is so nice to be outside and enjoy nature. We are doing well and feel so blessed.
My favorite Dallin moment: I'm in the kitchen when I hear Dallin ask in wonder, "Mom! How does Gracelyn blow bubbles with her nose?" :)

6 comments:

M and J Tippetts said...

It's so great to hear from you - your kids are growing up!!! Gracelyn is adorable - I can't believe she's big enough to sit. I keep telling Joe to call Jared back - hopefully soon he'll actually do it :)

Shannon said...

No fun about the siding. Just part of the fun we call home ownership, I suppose. Hope it wasn't too much trouble to fix.

About the medicine- we always had the best luck using a syringe (get one at the pharmacy), putting the tip all the way at the back of the tongue (or as close as you can get!) and then squirting it down their throats. More usualy went down than came out, anyway! Good luck! Steven always had lots of ear infections and it's no fun. Hope Gracelyn feels better soon.

luvmymunchkins said...

Ah siding. Sounds like a homeowner claim - like ones Steve would go to frequently in NH.

Do you think Gracelyn is on the verge of needing tubes in her ears? I squirt the medicine into the back corner of baby cheeks, but Kass has managed to spit some out in the past.

Aaron & Nancy said...

Even though I see you several times a week, I love reading your blog and all of the cute things I miss out on. We'll have to have Dallin bring his bike over when it warms up a little so he can ride with Will.

I didn't know about the siding on your house. Wow!

I think Madelyn has mastered that nose/bubble trick too! So funny, Dallin!

Anonymous said...

Our house is on top of a hill and we get crazy wind too. Luckily, we haven't lost any siding yet but a few neighbors have.

Be careful about those ear infections. Brent had plenty of them and by the time he was 16 months old we discovered he was deaf in one ear due to fluid blockage. The doctors hemmed and hawed about putting in tubes, but I put my foot down and demanded it The improvment in his health and hearing were immediate. He had to have 2 more sets of tubes as he grew. I believe those constant antibiotics he was on compromised his immune system.

Davenport family said...

Ces! I sure do miss you! Gracelyn is getting so big and I love the pic of Eden all dressed up. I have never owned any shoes quite like the ones she was wearing. I am sorry to hear about your house. I hope they can fix it. I love you!