Nauvoo trip
Daddy's girlAfter a car accident and staying up with sick kids the dark
circles under the eyes seem like a badge of honor.
Cute Z.Zion did a great job taking it!
While we were in Nauvoo the kids all had the flu. Thankfully it was a short-lived virus. This morning I was at the hotel with a sick Eden while Jared took the other kids out to see the sights.
Cute moment caught on camera.
The beautiful Nauvoo Temple.
Eden.
Cute kids on the temple grounds.
On Wednesday evening our car Cami was hit by a car that did not stop at a stop sign. The kids and I were actually on our way to pick up our Honda that was in the shop. We were very blessed that none of us were injured too badly. Cami, however, was not so lucky. We received a call in Nauvoo from the insurance guy stating she is a "total loss." UGH!!!! Take a moment to mourn the passing of a great car (even though we had only had her about 3 months).We had a crazy week this past week. The highlight was attending the temple and the lowpoint was having the car accident on Wednesday. The accident happened by a fire station so literally seconds afterward 3-4 fireman were out there helping us. The kids were all okay, just a little shaken up. The fireman gave them each a stuffed teddy bear which they all carried around the next few days. The fireman called an ambulance since I had four kids in the car and so the teddy bears helped with the anxiety of all the flashing lights and confusion. We were driving straight on a road and the driver that hit us didn't stop at an intersecting road. My back is pretty sore, but I'm going to the chiropractor tomorrow so hopefully that will help. We were late leaving for our trip the following morning and also missed Dallin's parent/teacher conference but such is life. We mostly are wondering how we are going to replace our Camry... I really dislike car shopping. We'll see.
The kids loved being in Nauvoo, and other than dealing with the flu it was fairly uneventful. We were glad to return home late last night.







1 comment:
Um...fairly uneventful???? I'm glad you guys are all safe and well now -- I'm sooooo glad no one was hurt badly. Car accidents are scary. Sorry to hear you all had the flu (on vacation of all times), but that it was short-lived. Thanks so much for sharing the darling pictures! Love you, Mindy
Post a Comment